Corte Guastalla, a rediscovered treasure.
Corte Guastalla Vecchia is one of the most valuable rural courts located in the low Garda region. A territory, divided between Mantova and Verona, which is characterized by a landscape of incomparable natural beauty.
Built on pre-existing early medieval, the late sixteenth century manor house becomes a building structure of great importance to its strategic position as evidenced by the watercolor map of the Museum Miniscalchi Erizzo.
The Spolverini Family tied their fortunes for centuries to this property: the family, already wealthy and powerful during the rule Scaligera, after purchasing hereditary titles from nobles Dal Verme acquired important rights during the rule of Verona.
Guastalla Vecchia appears to be in possession of Giangerolamo Spolverini Giovanbattista that was in a bill of Valuation of 1745: “A possession of 180 C. called Guastalla Vecchia, with C. 40 grassland for farm use which makes D. 272 for every farmer”.
With the extinction of the Spolverini Family Guastalla Vecchia is inherited by Teresa Muselli (daughter of Dal Verme Spolverini Isotta) and then by Marianna Saibante wife of Count Francesco Giusti Del Giardino.
On 11 March 1863 petition n° 2 by Decree as hereditary award … old Guastalla property is conveyed to Giusti Conte Julio and even the nearby Old Court House of new Guastalla, also part of the historical background of the Spolverini Family.
For many years Guastalla Vecchia was used as a farm.
In 2002, Franco Tommasi and Orietta found this treasure in the hills of Verona and agree to begin a four-year restoration.
The architectural design and renovation was designed by architect Alberto Pontiroli.
With great attention and care, while respecting the historical building, in 2006 Corte Guastalla has returned to its former glory.